The Bicycle Advisory Committee is recruiting new members!
If you are passionate about bicycling and you would like to be more involved in your community we hope you will apply to join the BAC!
What is the City of Portland Bicycle Advisory Committee?
- The BAC is a group of Portland residents that advise the Mayor, City Council, and all departments of the City on all matters relating to bicyclists.
- The BAC includes people from many backgrounds. Some members are transportation professionals. Others are people that ride bikes for fun, exercise, or to get around.
What does the Bicycle Advisory Committee Do?
- At regular monthly meetings the BAC reviews transportation projects, plans, and proposals in the City of Portland.
- The BAC advises City staff on funding prioroities, public outreach, policy, and planning issues that affect bicyclists.
- The BAC is an advocate for all people and groups that ride bikes in Portland.
The BAC is seeking a diverse group of people to represent all Portland communities and neighborhoods.
- The BAC recognizes that people of all races, genders, ethnicities, ages, and income levels ride bikes in Portland.
- The BAC is seeking new members from all parts of the City, especially East Portland.
- The BAC is seeking new members that represent all genders and ethnic groups. We are particularly interested in hearing from people from communities of color.
The BAC is comprised of thirteen (13) volunteer members (and seven (7) volunteer alternate members), appointed by the Transportation Commissioner to serve three-year terms. The BAC meets once a month from 6-8 PM in the Portland City Hall.
The BAC is accepting applications from now until November 3rd at 5pm.
The BAC website: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/37435
Link to printable application: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/658073
Link to online application: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/658072
Daniel Soebbing | Transportation Planning Aide
City of Portland Bureau of Transportation
1120 SW 5th Ave | Room 800 | Portland, OR 97204
503-823-7178 | Daniel.Soebbing@PortlandOregon.gov