Bureau Innovation Project #9 Co-Leads Meeting Notes & Agenda –
August 2, 2005
- Discuss citizen membership of team
- Begin planning for end of August meeting
- Involving rest of BIP team
- How to publicize meetings to the public
- Writing of goal/purpose statement
Present: Laurel Butman, OMF; Maija Spencer, OMF; Elizabeth Kennedy-Wong, Mayor’s Office; Amalia Alarcon, ONI; Jonah Wilbach, ONI; Noah Johnson-Greenough, ONI; Barbara Hart, Planning; Eileen Argentina, Transportation.
Note on Meeting Time:
The meeting time was discussed.
spoke with JoAnn Bowman,
who said either Tuesdays between or Wednesdays/Fridays between are best for her. Elizabeth
It was decided to reschedule the BIP leads meeting to every other Wednesday at . Maija Spencer will reschedule this.
1. Discussion of Citizen Members: Selected members will be called this week. This will be followed up with a letter sent out next week. Laurel Butman will draft a letter.
2. End of August meeting: Location needs to be decided. It was proposed that at the first meeting, the team can ask for volunteers to host future meetings and provide a location. Tentative date for meeting: August 31, at . It was agreed that this date will be run by citizen members to see if it will work for the majority of them. A packet of materials needs to be put together for this meeting. The goal of the first meeting is just to get all of the team on the same page.
3. City Members of Team:
Current members of team need to be confirmed, and then a letter/email will be sent to update them on status of the team. This can be similar to the letter sent to citizen members.
3. How to Publicize Meetings
- ONI email list
will write newsletter article & submit it to coalitions to print Elizabeth
- Any other email lists the team works with
- Alternative media
- Media announcements –
- Citywide email to staff
4. Goals/Purpose Statement
There was limited time to discuss this, but it was agreed this will be helpful to have in draft form for the first meeting.