SUN Community Schools
SUN Community Schools are a collaboration between Multnomah County, Portland Parks & Recreation, and Centennial, Reynolds, Parkrose, David Douglas, Gresham-Barlow, and Portland Public School Districts. Eleven SUN sites are operated by PP&R. Critical components of the program include education, social services, multicultural and cultural arts, recreation and leisure services, health services, and community involvement.
- Improve student achievement, attendance, behavior, and other skills for healthy development and academic success.
- Increase parent and family involvement.
- Increase community and business involvement.Improve collaboration among school districts, government, community-based agencies.
- Improve use of public facilities and services.
Starting September 2, 2015, Faubion SUN School site will be closed for two-years for building construction. During this time, Faubion SUN School will temporarily move to Harriet Tubman Middle School, located at 2231 N Flint Ave, Portland, Oregon 97227.
16164 likes • 599 talking about this
- On Saturday, community partners and City officials cut the ribbon on Gateway Green, a brand new City park north... https://t.co/4bjYMGmqLm
- RT @lugray: @PDXParksandRec @KGWNews @KeelyChalmers @BikePortland The Gateway Green opening was Incredible! Can you help us by sharing a li…
- RT @BikePortland: Some of the advocates, city staff, and electeds that made Gateway Green happen @CommishFish @AmandaFritzRN @NWTrailAllian…
- Come check out Gateway Green on Saturday, June 24, starting at 11am! Thanks to Friends of Gateway Green and all... https://t.co/BdTihAprWO