Parks 2020 Vision
In 1999, a Vision Team comprised of city residents and PP&R staff, along with thousands of residents, began to develop a vision to protect our heritage, to make recreation services available to all, and to leave a legacy for our children that is better than our inheritance.The goals of Parks 2020 Vision are to:
- Ensure Portland's park and recreation legacy for future generations.
- Provide a wide variety of high quality park and recreation services and opportunities for all residents.
- Preserve, protect, and restore Portland's natural resources to provide "nature in the city."
- Create an interconnected regional and local system of trails, paths and walks to make Portland "the walking city of the West."
- Develop parks, recreation facilities, and programs that promote community in the city.