1120 SW Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
The Center occupies a remodeled 1912 firehouse in Southeast Portland, designated a Portland Historic Landmark. Public concerts by CMC students, faculty, and guest performers are given at the Center free of charge or for nominal admission fees. The lovely, brick-walled David Beasley Campbell recital hall has great acoustics for non-amplified voice and instruments, and is used by many of the area’s music teachers, performers, and music organizations for recitals and meetings.
The building contains 7 classrooms--each with its own piano; a multi-use auditorium with grand piano and modern recording equipment; offices; a library with sheet music, books and recordings; and a collection of instruments for student use. CMC’s campus is expanded through partnerships with the SUN Community Schools.
For list of building amenities, location and map, see our "Find Us!" page.