Park Star Leagues
Basketball League - Park Stars: Dribble, pass, shoot, and score. It's a bucket! Build confidence and self-esteem in this non-competitive, entry level league held an encouraging environment. Focuses on skill development ball handling, passing, teamwork, and sportsmanship through team play!
Futsal Leagues - Park Stars: Pass, shoot, and score a goal! Build confidence and self-esteem in this non-competitive, entry level league held in a safe environment. Focuses on teamwork, passing, and trapping in these entry level games. It's a goal!
- Participant Ages: Grade K-4 participants must be 5, 6, or 7 years old on September 1st, 2016. Grade 3-4 participants must be 8 or 9 years old on September 1, 2016. If you have questions about the age specifications, please contact the site that the practices are held at.
- Gender: Coed
- Uniform: Team T-shirts will be provided by the first game day. Participants should wear their team T-shirt to each game day. Closed-toe athletic shoes are required in order to play; Soccer cleats are recommended for outdoor soccer.
- Parent Meeting: An informational meeting will be held during the first practice. Code of Conduct pledges will be provided for coaches, athletes and parents.
- Game Schedule: Schedules for games will be provided at the second practice and will also be posted here on the website.
- Parent Volunteers are Needed: Check in with your coach. Parents are often recruited to be with players on the sidelines and assist as needed. If you are interested in volunteering as a coach, please contact the site that you would prefer to volunteer with.
- Late Registration: registration will be accepted through the 3rd practice.
Community Center Contact Information
- St Johns Community Center | 503-823-3192 | email
- Charles Jordan Community Center | 503-823-3631 | email
- Peninsula Park Community Center | 503-823-3620 | email
- Matt Dishman Community Center | 503-823-3165 | email
- East Portland Community Center | 503-823-3450 | email
- Mt Scott Community Center | 503-823-3183 | email
- Southwest Community Center | 503-823-2840 | email
- Hillside Community Center | 503-823-3181 | email