Transfer Your Garden Plot
Interested in transferring to a different community garden plot?
- Renew your existing plot.
- Fill out the Garden Plot Transfer Request Form by December 1 to eligible for transfer the following February. Once you have been assigned a community garden plot, you will be removed from the waitlist for all other gardens. We will contact individuals by February 1 via email or mail about their request.
- Maintain your garden plot until your transfer request has been processed.
Tips for keeping plots in compliance during the winter months.
- Garden plots should be weed-free and tidy with mulch.
- Gardeners should continue to harvest crops, remove dead plant material and maintain all adjacent pathways.
- Contact your garden manager or the community garden office with questions and updated contact information.
Types of transfer requests:
- Transfer to a new garden
- Transfer to a larger plot in your current garden
- Transfer to a smaller plot in your current garden
- Split your existing plot to better match your garden needs
- Transfer to an ADA raised bed in a new or current garden due to a disability
- If you would like to transfer your plot to a co-gardener or household member, you do not need to complete a Transfer Request Form. Contact program staff at email@example.com for assistance. Co-gardeners can only become the primary plot holder if they have been registered as a co-gardener longer than those on the waitlist have been waiting for space at that site. Gardeners may transfer plots into household member's name at any time.
Criteria for granting transfer requests:
- You must be a current gardener and have paid for your current plot. All plot fees paid will be applied to the cost of the new plot if your transfer request is granted. You will be issued a refund or an invoice for the difference in fees, if applicable.
- Transfer requests are determined by plot availability and your original waitlist date. If you wish to transfer to a garden with a waitlist, your waitlist date must be earlier than that of the first person on the waitlist.
- If you have received no more than one notice the previous garden season (between November 1 and October 31) and have a plot that is in compliance with our policies and procedures, then you are eligible for transfer to a larger size plot.