Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Parks & Recreation

Healthy Parks, Healthy Portland

Phone: 503-823-7529

1120 SW Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Event Permit Requirements

Additional permit requirements are determined by your application and subsequent discussions and these fees are not included in the rental rates for your event. Permits may include amplified sound noise, fire bureau occupancy, OLCC, and/or health department.

Additional services required may include security, alcohol monitors, electricity, portable restrooms, grey water disposal, garbage/recycling, after-site cleaning, and full park event fencing. 

  • Insurance Requirements and Form - All permitted events require a Certificate of Insurance and Additional Insured Endorsement to meet the City's rules and can be purchased from a variety of sources. Many Home-owner's policies offer coverage for an event or a special rider can be purchased to cover the event.

  • TULIP Insurance Program - The City of Portland offers "Tennant and Users Liability Insurance Policy" (TULIP) as an option for insurance if your event qualifies. Click here to visit their website

  • Fire Bureau / Assembly Permits - Permittee may be required to contact the Fire Marshal and obtain their sign off and/or required permits. Contact them at 503-823-3955 or click here for their website.

  • Health Department - Any time food items that are prepared and/or served to the public on Park property, a sign off and/or permit is required from the Multnomah County Environmental Health Services. Contact them to obtain a signature at 503-988-3400 or click here for their website.

  • Noise Permits - When amplified music, public address systems or drums are used, a noise permit from the City's Noise Control Office or a sign-off may be required. Contact them to apply for a noise permit or obtain a sign-off at 503-823-7350 or click here for their website.

  • Oregon Liquor Control Commission Permits - A permit is required when alcohol is sold or served at an event. Call 503-872-5070 or click here for their website.

  • Police Review: Permittee is required to contact the Special Events Sergeant in charge and obtain a signature on the Event Permit Requirement Checklist provided to you after you apply for a park permit. Contact

  • Event Recycling Services - The City's Event Recycling Services provides free recycling equipment and assistance for Portland Events. This role is advisory only and does not provide pick up services or staff for your event. Equipment is the property of the City's Event Recycling Program, and must be returned after the event. Call 503-725-5147 or click here for their website.

  • Parking Space Rental - To reserve a parking space or a loading zone adjacent to one of the parks, contact the Portland Bureau of Transportation online at

  • Street and Sidewalk Permit Application -To reserve a street and/or sidewalk, for events such as runs, walks, marches, parades or bicycle races, contact the Portland Bureau of Transportation. Click here for the application.

For more information about event permit requirements, please contact;

Director Park at 503-823-8087 or Gateway Discovery Park 503-823-4116