Portland Parks and Recreation’s Aquatic Inclusion process aims to ensure that all students are given access to our programs. It is our goal to include students in classes through a couple of options.
- Pair student with an instructor who can provide for the inclusion student as well as the rest of a whole group class.
- Pair student with instructor in a reduced ratio class to provide extra attention to student and other classmates. This class ratio is typically one (1) teacher to three (3) students.
- Pair student with their own inclusion assistant within a group class where the class ratio will be two (2) teachers and six (6) students.
- Provide student with a one on one class.
It is always our primary goal to include students in group classes where they can interact, socialize, learn and play with other students.
Steps for Aquatics Inclusion:
- Pick which pool you are interested in having inclusion at and sign up for the lesson level that you think best suits your child.
- Contact that pool and ask for the Lead Instructor or Pool Manger. Notify them that you signed your child for (X) Class and that you will need an accommodation.
Creston: 503-823-3672 (Summer Only) **
East Portland: 503-823-1990
Grant: 503-823-3674 (Summer Only) **
Matt Dishman: 503-823-4512
Montavilla: 503-823-3675 (Summer Only) **
Mt. Scott: 503-823-1683
Peninsula: 503-823-3677 (Summer Only) **
Pier: 503-823-3678 (Summer Only) **
Sellwood: 503-823-3679 (Summer Only) **
Wilson: 503-823-3680 (Summer Only) **
**Aquatic Administration: 503-823-5130 (You can call and set up your accommodation before summer for any of our Outdoor pools from April 20th – June 3rd)
- If you need a 1:1 or 1:3 class ratio, when contacting the pool be sure to tell this to staff and you can fill out the accommodation request form (may be done over the phone)
- If you need a Sign Language Interpreter, after you register please contact your local pool as well as the Adaptive & Inclusive program at 503-823-4333
- We have a 10-working-day notification policy. In the summer this policy is extremely important. More people utilize our services during this time of the year. Staffing and availability of inclusion assistants can be limited. To provide the best services possible, we need the maximum amount of time to match up assistants and schedule them. If it's less than 5 days, we will do our best in accommodating the participant. The level of service that can be provided may be limited.