Urban Forestry - Delta Park
Urban Forestry‘s mission is to manage and ensure Portland's urban forest infrastructure for current residents and future generations. Portland’s urban forest consists of 236,000 street trees, 1.2 million park trees, and innumerable private property trees. Urban Forestry is involved in managing or regulating all of these trees to differing degrees. Urban Forestry staff issue permits for planting, pruning, and removal of all public and some private trees and are on call 24/7 in order to respond to tree emergencies.
This work is accomplished by a staff of 50 headquartered at the Urban Forestry Yard at Delta Park. The Urban Forestry Yard is located at 10910 N. Denver Blvd., Portland, OR 97217. An Urban Forestry Yard Site Analysis and Master Plan was developed in 2002. Since that time, Urban Forestry’s space needs and staff has increased.
Thanks to the Parks Replacement Bond, improvements will be made at the Urban Forestry Yard. The project includes construction of a new covered and secure storage area for large equipment and an enclosed shop building.
- The covered area and secured equipment area will be 10,000 square feet and will be located along the west side of the site to allow for adequate equipment circulation.
- The enclosed shop building will be 2,500 square feet and will be located to the north side of the equipment storage area.
- The yard will be reconfigured to work with the new building, and the existing barn will be demolished.
The improvements will:
- improve site circulation;
- build a code compliant building, thereby increasing seismic stability and accessibility with storm water improvements;
- create an energy efficient building;
- provide covered and secured space for equipment storage; and
- increase overall site security.
- Fall 2015 - Spring 2016: Contracting for Design Services, Negotiations, and Contract Award
- Summer 2016 - Winter 2016/17: Design Development
- Winter 2016/17 - Spring 2017: Construction Documents
- Summer 2017 - Winter 2017/18: Permitting and Bidding
- 2018: Construction
Susan Meamber, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-9709
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, email@example.com, 503-823-5593