Peninsula Park Outdoor Pool
Construction began in September 2018. The pool opened for the Summer 2019 season on Monday, July 8, 2019, Find the pool schedule and rates here.
Thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond and System Development Charges, Peninsula Outdoor Pool received improvements including:
- Addition of pool and deck lighting to allow longer hours of operation
- Increased shallow area and squared-off pool corners to accommodate more swimmers
- Construction of new deck-level gutters
- Replacement of the drainage and circulation systems
- Replacement of the sand filtration system with a high-efficiency filtration system
- New pumps
- New building on the pool deck to house the pool mechanical systems
- Replacement of the ramp and pool deck to comply with ADA standards
- Addition of a new ADA lift
- New paint on pool shell
Work began in September 2018 after the end of the summer 2018 season, and the pool opened for the summer 2019 season on Monday, July 8, 2019.
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, email@example.com, (503) 823-5593
Jill Hutchinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 823-5583
- Summer 2017 - March 2018: Design, Public Involvement, and Permitting
- April 2018 - August 2018: Bidding and Contracting
- September 2018 - Summer 2019: Construction
- July 8, 2019: Renovated pool opens for the summer season, pool party celebration on July 18
To receive project updates, sign up here.