Peninsula Park Outdoor Pool
Parks staff gave a presentation at the Piedmont Neighborhood Association General Meeting on October 26, 2017.
Thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond, Peninsula Outdoor Pool will be receiving improvements including:
- Construction of new deck-level gutters
- Replacement of the drainage and circulation systems
- Replacement of the sand filtration system with a high-efficiency filtration system
- New pumps
- New building on the pool deck to house the pool mechanical systems
- Replacement of the ramp and pool deck to comply with ADA standards
- Addition of a new ADA lift
- Addition of a UV sanitation system
- Full sealing and painting of the pool shell
And, potentially: a change in the shape of the pool from rounded corners to square corners to increase capacity.
Work will be completed in time for the Summer 2019 season!
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, email@example.com, (503) 823-5593
Jill Hutchinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 823-5583
- Summer 2017 - March 2018: Design, Public Involvement, and Permitting
- April 2018 - August 2018: Bidding and Contracting
- September 2018 - May 2019: Construction
- June 2019: Renovated pool opens for the summer season
To receive project updates, sign up here.