WEATHER UPDATES - Monday, February 19, 10:30AM
- At this time, all community centers are scheduled to open and operate on their regular President's Day schedules. If there are any changes, they will be updated here. Thank you.
WHERE TO FIND CLOSURE INFORMATION
- Follow Portland Parks & Recreation on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute information.
- Maintenance Periods and Closures
CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
PP&R classes, activities, rentals, and sports events may be canceled due to inclement weather, such as ice, snow, or extreme heat. Check with your PP&R facility for the most current information via phone or online at Portlandparks.org. Some recreation programs may run as conditions and staff availability allow. Safety is a major factor in determining operations at each PP&R facility. PP&R facilities, our social media outlets, and our website will all feature operating information including opening and closing times.
PARKS, NATURAL AREAS, TRAILS
- As time permits -- closures, delays, or detours on trails are posted on the Trail Closures and Delays page and also posted to Twitter and Facebook.
- Never walk on frozen ponds or other water features. You never know how thick the ice is or how deep the water is below.
- In cold temperatures, 'black ice' can easily be disguised when left behind by melting snow or rain. People traveling by bike or on foot should use caution and be safe.
Trail Closures and Delays
Portland is home to more than 152 miles of completed regional trails laced together, connecting people to each other and to the natural beauty of our city. Click here for up-to-date trail closures, delays, or detours.
Report a Tree Issues on Public Land
If you see a downed tree or large limb (not small branches), call 503-823-TREE (8733). Urban Forestry crews are working on biggest impacts first, as well as mitigating safety issues before clearing debris.