Group Work Parties or Projects
Are you an interested in learning more about the environment and looking for a volunteer or service project? Well you have come to the right place! The No Ivy League provides tools, projects, and guidance on whatever form of service you would like; including invasive plant removal, trail repair, and restoration planting. If you are interested, please contact us!
Saturday Volunteer Events
Earn community service credit for school or other service requirements!
Join us for our regular Saturday volunteer events and become a steward of our beloved natural area: Forest Park!! Volunteers will take a short hike to one of our various sites and work off-trail removing English ivy, planting native plants and occasional trail work. This is a DIRTY job so come prepared in grubby, long-sleeved clothing and boots. We'll provide gloves and tools.
- Groups of five or more persons need to call 503-823-9423 to register at least a few days in advance.
- Groups of 10 or more should call 503-823-9423 at least one week ahead.
- All ages are welcome to attend; young children must be supervised by an adult.
Locations vary. Please see the calendar for meeting location.Check our calendar for event
First Wednesdays, first and third Saturdays each month, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Check our calendar for event cancellations or for more details.
Still have questions? Contact us.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in doing your part to halt the advance of invasive species or improving the public spaces in your community? Looking for groups in your area? Look no further, here is a list of websites to help steer you in the right direction.
- Stewardship Opportunities- Join a volunteer event to help restore our natural areas.
- Portland Parks & Recreation Volunteer Opportunities - Invasive species removal, community gardens, community centers, youth sports, the list goes on.
- Hands On Greater Portland - A great website to help connect passionate volunteers to projects in their own communities.
- Forest Park Conservancy - Another good way to help preserve the natural beauty of Forest Park: trail repair, plantings, invasive species removal.
- Friends of Marquam Nature Park - Help maintain one of Portland's historic natural areas.
- Friends of Terwilliger Parkway- Get involved to help restore this historic natural area.
Know of any other groups to be posted here? Contact us.