Group Work Parties or Projects
Are you an environment-minded community leader of any flavor looking for a service project? Well you have come to the right place! The No Ivy League can provide tools, work sites, and guidance on whatever form of service you would like; including invasive plant removal, trail repair, and restoration planting.
If you are interested, please contact us!
Saturday Work Parties - Freelancers
Earn community service credit for school or other service requirements!
Drop in for our regular Saturday 'freelance' work parties and become a steward of our beloved natural area: Forest Park!! Volunteer Freelancers will take a short hike to one of our various sites and work off-trail removing English ivy. This is a DIRTY job so come prepared in grubby, long-sleeved clothing and boots. We'll provide gloves and tools.
- Groups of five or more persons need to call 503-823-3681 to register at least a few days in advance.
- Groups of 10 or more should call 503-823-3681 at least one week ahead.
- No age limitations, but if a youngster needs one-on-one supervision, you provide it.
Meet at the Field House at the Lower Macleay Trailhead, 2960 NW Upshur, Portland, OR 97210
First and third Saturdays each month, 8:45 AM-noon, except major holiday weekends or in case of severe weather. Major holiday weekends include Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
Still have questions? Contact Us
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in doing your part to halt the advance of invasive species or improving the public spaces in your community? Looking for groups in your area? Look no further, here is a list of websites to help steer you in the right direction.
- Stewardship Opportunities- Join a volunteer event to help restore our natural areas.
- Portland Parks & Recreation Volunteer Opportunities - Invasive species removal, community gardens, community centers, youth sports, the list goes on.
- Hands On Greater Portland - A great website to help connect passionate volunteers to projects in their own communities.
- Forest Park Conservancy - Another good way to help preserve the natural beauty of Forest Park: trail repair, plantings, invasive species removal.
- Friends of Marquam Nature Park - Help maintain one of Portland's historic natural areas.
- Friend of Terwilliger- Get involved to help restore this historic natural area.
Know of any other groups to be posted here? Contact Us