A tree emergency occurs when any of the following events happen on publicly owned property or City right-of-way:
- a tree has fallen over
- a large branch has fallen from a tree and is blocking a street, sidewalk, or public park
- a tree located in a park or City right-of-way is splitting
- a large branch is hanging from a tree over a sidewalk, street, or other public property
- any other immediate hazard situation on public property or City right-of-way
Who do I call if there is a tree emergency?
- Call Urban Forestry at 503-823-4489 between 7:00 AM-3:30 PM, Monday-Friday
- Call Stanton Yard at 503-823-1700 all other days and hours
You must provide contact information when you report an emergency; the City does not take anonymous calls.
What can I expect when I report a tree emergency?
A dispatcher will send out personnel to respond to the emergency within 24 hours. Due to staff limitations, response time may depend on the severity of the emergency.
If the tree is located in the City right-of-way, typically the planting strip between the sidewalk and the curb, Urban Forestry staff may clear the street and sidewalk and leave the debris neatly stacked in the planting strip for the adjacent property owner to dispose of.