What to Pack for Camp
- Lunch: please pack a large healthy, non-refrigerated, non-microwavable snacks and a lunch. Campers are moving most of the day and often eat more than school days. Full day campers should pack a lunch and 2 snacks. 9am-1pm campers should pack a snack and a lunch. 1pm-5pm campers should pack 2 snacks.
- Preschool camps (Tiny Trekkers, Summer Sprouts) are completely NUT FREE- Please pack nut free lunches & snacks.
- Hydration: campers should bring a refillable water bottle (Tip: Freeze it overnight to keep cool during the day)
- Sunscreen: apply sunscreen before arriving at camp. Full day campers should pack the spray-on/pump variety for applications later in the day; staff are not permitted to apply lotion sunscreen.
- Swimming: on scheduled swimming days or fieldtrips campers should pack a swimsuit & towel. However we often play water games and slip & slide so great to pack daily!
- Shoes: Wear closed-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothing. It is often chilly in the morning in the park and HOT in the afternoons so layers of clothing are great! Watch the weather forecast and send rain coats if appropriate- camps will stay outside unless its raining hard or for extended periods.
- Medications (if necessary). Please review the medication policy and be prepared to complete the Medical Administration form.
- Backpack. All items should be in a clearly labeled backpack that your child will be able to carry with them throughout the day.
- Rain Gear: If rain is in the forecast make sure to pack rain boots and water proof jacket!
- Layers are key- it can be very chilly in the morning and very hot by lunchtime!
What NOT to Pack for Camp:
- Cell phones, MP3s or electronics
- Games, cards, figurines or toys
- Any other valuables