In the case of inclement weather, we will adhere to the following:
- If Portland Public schools has LATE OPENING, then all morning-registered classes, swim lessons, aerobics classes, water aerobics and childcare are cancelled before noon. The Center will be open for the fitness center, lap swim, indoor park and regularly scheduled family and open play swims, unless otherwise noted.
- If Portland Publics schools CLOSE due to inclement weather, SWCC registered classes, swim lessons, aerobics classes, water aerobics & childcare are cancelled ALL DAY. The Center will be open for the fitness center, lap swim, drop-in gym, indoor park and regularly scheduled family and open play swims unless otherwise noted.
- If inclement weather occurs later in the day, for safety purposes it is the discretion of the building supervisor to close the facility early and that will be noted on our website and Facebook page, you can also call the front desk at 503-823-2840.
- If inclement weather falls on the weekend or non-school day, please call 503.823.2840 or visit this website for the most up to date information.
Summer Camp Inclement Weather
- All camps will be held regardless of rain.
- In the case of very heavy rains or unsafe weather such as thunderstorms, Summer Sprouts will be moved into the community center. We intend to make a decision by 7:30am when possible and call families. In the event you drop off at the garden for Summer Sprouts and the weather changes for the worse we will move the campers to SWCC and call to let parents know pickup will be at SWCC. We will also place signs in the garden.
- Other camps may be moved inside for unsafe weather as well. In that case we will put signs at their pickup sites letting parents know they are at SWCC for pickup.
- Summer Sprout Inclement Weather & Rain Day Policy