Wish List / Supplies We Need:
- Give us your wood! No seriously, we go through a lot of wood cookies each year! If you have Vine Maple, Maple, or Cherry wood (we need 4 ft lengths and 2.5-4 inches in diameter), please call us at the office, and we'll tell you where to drop it off, or if you're not too far away, we'll come get it!
- We are always in need of kid-sized mittens (or gloves) and hats.
- Metal serving spoons or table-spoons are a hot commodity too since they tend to get left behind after a digging session.
Support our "Spread the Ladybug Love" Initiative!!
- We are raising money to help offer Ladybug Walks at low-cost/no-cost to communities of color, communities whose primary language is something other than English, and under-served neighborhoods in Portland. Read more about this on our Ladybug page - https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/597586
Your Time is Valuable! Can You Share It?
- Become a Ladybug Walk Volunteer Leader and help connect our youngest participants and their families to nature in the city. Ladybug Walks occur on Friday mornings year-round. After taking the training and passing a background check, we then allow you shadow a few walks until you are ready to lead on your own. Visit the Ladybug Walk page if you would like to learn more about the walks.
- Do you have sewing skills? A few of our old Ladybug Backpacks are in need of repair. They need zippers replaced (we have the supplies!) Please call Chrissy at 503-823-1149 for more information.
- Help a young adult apply for natural resources internships at a Resume Writing Workshop. The teens you would be helping are graduates of our GRUNT and Youth Conservation Crew programs and 58% speak English as a Second Language.