New: 6-visit Punch Cards for Drop-In Practice
Save on drop-in practice room visits when you buy in advance. Six visits for $10 (normally $2/visit, so it is like getting one free!). Valid for one year from purchase. Inquire at CMC.
Online Reservations on Hold
The Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 PP&R Arts & Culture Guide had information about online practice room reservations for CMC. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, we are not able to offer online rental reservations at this time. We will make an announcement here and to our current drop-in users if this changes. If you want to book a room for practice or rehearsal, please call 503-823-3177. There is typically a $10 booking fee, plus rental fee of $10 per hour.
CMC Practice Room Drop-In Policy
The Community Music Center grants the privilege of practice room use to the public for:
- Occasional quiet practice
- On non-reservable basis (first come/first served)
- During specified hours (see below)
- When space is not otherwise in use
- For up to 2 hours per day
- Fee of $2 per person per day
- Check in at CMC office required
- On first visit: sign policy statement
- On each visit: Make payment, and sign in. Room and ending time will be assigned by staff upon sign-in. Sign out after use.
If you need a reserved space for a concert, rehearsal, workshop, or other type of activity or event, please see our Rental Rates and Guidelines.
Drop-in Practice Hours for Summer term (June 26 - August 22, 2019)
|Tuesdays - Thursdays||9:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Saturdays||9:30 am - 12 noon|
|Mondays & Fridays||No Drop-in|
|Thursday, July 4||CMC is CLOSED|
The following conditions also apply:
- No food or drink allowed (used or stored) in any carpeted area.
- Rehearsals with multiple people not to exceed the capacity of the room and on irregular basis only (4 times per month or less) are allowed, subject to staff’s sole discretion.
- Full and current name, phone number, street address and email address on file with CMC for EACH USER.
- Use of staff-assigned room only, and only for the duration specified by staff
- Room must be vacated by drop-in customer on or before staff-specified ending time or upon request from staff.
- No minors.
- Room restored by user to original condition after use.
- No items placed on piano; piano lid remains closed and soft cover (if any) remains on piano; conventional use of piano only – no hands or objects inside piano
- No ‘holding’ rooms with personal possession (absences more than 10 minutes). Articles left unaccompanied for extended periods will be placed by staff in CMC lost and found and disposed of after a reasonable time if not claimed.
- Personal possessions are the owner’s responsibility; staff will not store or keep items for guests.
- Code of Conduct must be followed (posted on site).
- PP&R staff instructions must be obeyed.
- No strong perfume, body odor, smoking/vapor-product odors. No smoking or vaping. No alcohol or illegal drugs allowed.
Drop-in practice privileges may be revoked without warning for failure to follow the current policy.
All CMC staff have the authority to dictate use of rooms at all times, including changing assigned rooms, start/end times, and immediate dismissal and/or revocation of facility use privileges.
If there is a maintenance issue with a specific instrument, please notify the CMC office on site or by emailing email@example.com. For more answers to questions about drop-in practice, please contact the director at 503-823-3177.