Questions? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Text us: 503-823-1149 (Chrissy) or 503-823-6378 (Kelly)
Help end "wreath-less-ness!" Decorate your door with a Winter Wreath through City Nature Environmental Education!
Help us celebrate our 26th year of raising money to give children access to nature!!!
Our annual wreath fundraiser supports the Summer Nature Day Camp program and our Children's Nature Classes, where we strive to connect children to the natural beauty & ecology of Portland’s parks. At City Nature Environmental Education, we believe that connecting children to a park when they are young helps them care about parks as they get older.
Unfortunately, not all children can afford the cost of camp and classes, so we raise money through our wreath fundraiser each December. Profits from wreath sales are used to give children access to nature through environmental education programming. Lowering costs of classes and partnering with organizations in underserved neighborhoods helps make education in and about Portland's Natural Areas more accessible. One-third of our profits are used to subsidize our nature classes, and the remaining amount helps send children to a week of Nature Day Camp on a 95% scholarship. We help families by providing bus transportation, water and snacks.
YOU can help! Here's how to get involved:
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about the sale - word of mouth is powerful! Share on Facebook, tweet and email to help make this the best year yet!
- Volunteer to make wreaths for a morning or afternoon (or both!) between Sunday, November 29 - Friday, December 11. Wreath-making takes place at one of the greenhouses at Mt Tabor Yard (6437 SE Division St) between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm. We suggest at least a 3 hr shift so you have time to learn the ropes! No experience necessary - we'll teach you! Contact Chrissy Larson or call 503-823-3601 to sign up.
- Register for a Wreath-making class and learn to make a hand-wrapped wreath from scratch! No experience necessary - all instruction & materials included.
- Make a tax-deductible credit card donation by calling the Environmental Education office at 503-823-3601 or mailing a check to the following address: Attn: Wreaths, Environmental Ed, 2909 SW 2nd Ave, Portland OR 97201. Cash donations must be made in person. We will provide you with a receipt. (Wreath sales are not tax-deductible.)
- Buy a Winter Wreath at one of our wreath sale venues!
Nurture your creative side, learn a new skill, and decorate your home at the same time! Create a DIY winter wreath to display for the holidays through City Nature Environmental Education. We offer a diversity of greens, individualized instruction, and the time and space to finish your project. Fee includes cost of greens, paddle-wire, rings, ribbon, decorative items, and instruction.
All classes begin at 9:30am. Individual wreath making times may vary - 4 hours is about average for these hand-wrapped wreaths. PLEASE BRING LUNCH! Classes are held in the greenhouse at the PP&R's Mt Tabor Yard located at 6437 SE Division. Enter using the driveway and follow signs through the alley to the wreath greenhouse. All classes are $42 for Portland residents and $58 for non-residents. Call 503-823-1149 with questions.
All proceeds help those with limited opportunities attend PP&R's Environmental Education nature programs!
|Sunday, November 29||1038111|
|Friday, December 4||1038112|
|Saturday, December 5||1038113|
|Sunday, December 6||1038114|
How to Register for Classes:
ONLINE - click on the barcode and it will take you to the registration page.
PHONE - call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525.
IN PERSON at your local community center!