Another year of Ladybug Walks has come to a close!
Did you come on a Ladybug Walk this year? Did you take any photos of children while on the walk? WE WANT YOUR PHOTOS for our 2016 promotional material! We are already working on the 2016 schedule and YOUR PHOTO COULD BE FEATURED NEXT YEAR!
The winner will receive a private 1-hour Ladybug Walk for up to 12 children (ages 2 – 5) before Memorial Day 2016 in any Portland Park or Natural Area. In addition, each participant will receive an animal mask from the original Ladybug Walk backpacks to keep as their very own!
Eligible photos must be high-definition resolution and must fulfill the following requirements:
- A picture of a child (or children) on a Ladybug Walk, where we can clearly see the child’s face and the child is happy and engaged.
- The child should be doing something “nature-y”, and we need to be able to see either the LADYBUG BACKPACK or one of the tools inside.
- Only one entry per family!
We really REALLY appreciate photos that are horizontal / landscape - we use those on our website and eNewsletter (the Raven Review) often!
How to enter:
- change the file name of your photo to the name of the person submitting the entry. Example: JohnDoe.jpg
- Send the original photo *actual size* to Elvira.email@example.com by December 5, 2015.
- Subject line: Ladybug Walk Photo Contest.
- In the body of the email include: your name, photographer's name (if different than the person submitting the photo), your child(ren)’s name(s), your child(ren)’s age, and the name of the park where the Ladybug Walk took place.
- We have permission to use all photos (with credit given to the photographer) that are submitted.
How to vote:
- The top few (3 - 4) photos will be posted on our Facebook Page (Portland Parks Environmental Education)
- The photo with the most LIKES at the end of the voting period (in January) will be declared the winner.
Thank you! We hope to see you and your child(ren) on walk in 2016 - we return in February!