Register now for Chamber Groups or Chamber Orchestra by calling 503-823-3177.
These two programs together make a great day-camp experience!
Download the color brochure (available soon)
How to Apply
- Call the CMC office at 503-823-3177 to reserve an audition time (Auditions May 19, 31, June 5)
- Deadline to enroll: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Registration forms and audition information also available at communitymusiccenter.org
- This program is designed for intermediate to advanced players.
- Payment is required to schedule an audition time.
- There will be no refund of fees except for students not placed in a group.
- 100% attendance required for full two weeks, plus final concert.
- Saturday, May 19
- Thursday, May 31
- Tuesday, June 5
Auditions are 15 min. appointments each to guide the program director in assigning peer groups and repertoire. Call to CMC to schedule a time, and bring a prepared piece and two scales of your own choice.
|Chamber Groups||Chamber Orchestra: Baroque Rules!|
|Play trios, quartets or other works for strings, winds & piano with peers! CMC’s Chamber music serves the musical development of young musicians by refining ensemble skills & interpretive abilities through instruction with some of the region’s top performing-artist instructors. Players are placed into chamber groups by audition (see below). Ensembles have one hour each day with their coach, then rehearse a second hour supervised by an intern coach. All groups perform their finished work at the end of the program.||When are ‘fast’ notes played slowly, and ‘slow’ notes played quickly? Are all notes that look the same treated the same? Get into the minds of composers like Bach, Telemann & Vivaldi, and discover new takes on old rules while playing masterpieces of the era. Andrew Ehrlich, conductor.|
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
- Monday, July 9 - Friday, July 13
- Monday, July 16 - Friday, July 20
Chamber Groups meet 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Chamber Orchestra meets: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Friday, July 20 at Noon (Director Park)
- Saturday, July 21, 2:00 pm (CMC)
$295 (Portland residents) / $413 (non-residents)
Violists and Cellists receive a 20% discount
- $95 (Portland residents) / $133 (non-residents)
- 20% off for those participating in chamber music.
Need-based scholarships are available.
PREREQUISITES FOR CHAMBER PROGRAM
Ability to read music at playing level & some prior ensemble experience; for strings, vibrato and flexible bow technique. Suggested level for violins is Suzuki Book 4 and above, violas & cellos at Suzuki Book 3 or above.
Instructors are performing artists from CMC’s renowned faculty with extensive chamber music experience. Visiting international guest artists for master classes are provided by Chamber Music Northwest as available.
Chamber coaches selected from CMC's renowned performing artist faculty.
What People are Saying...
- "This is a FABULOUS program! My sons gained so much confidence and were just jubilant after rehearsals."
- "My child was self-motivated to practice more. I was quite surprised to see him working hard."
- "The coach was superb and brought such a perfect blend of fun, laughter, and delightful learning to the classroom each day. "
- "High quality program, wonderful instruction. Our son was excited to learn new things every day. He loves Baroque now."
- "Super coaches."
- "Well organized and efficient."