True Nature and Lil Nature Kids - "What to Bring" List
Our programs are very active, and we are outside rain or shine. The children who have the most successful experiences are those who arrive with appropriate clothing, footwear, and food. (If you are worried about your child needing a change of clothes, send along some extra clothes in a large Ziploc bag!) Children (and GROWN-UPS too when they are attending True Nature) should come to each day of the program with the following:
- Warm clothes, rain gear, and rain boots as needed! (Remember that many of our parks are at elevation and along rivers and can feel colder than right outside your house!)
- A hearty lunch (True Nature program only)
- We require hat and gloves/mittens each day of class during the school year!
- A portable snack to have along the trail (fruit, veggies, granola bar, hummus/pita, cheese, etc)
- Water bottle (small enough for little hands to deal with but big enough to hold at least 12 oz of water)
- Comfortable backpack that’s an appropriate size/weight for your child to hold the snack and water bottle - we like kids to have free hands for exploring