2020 Portland World Soccer Tournament
Friday, July 24, and Saturday, July 25
Delta Park, N Denver Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
For more information about this event, call or text Som Subedi at 503-260-2487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portland Parks & Recreation is pleased to acknowledge the partnerships of wonderful partners to make this annual event a reality, including:
- Portland City Commissioner Nick Fish
- Portland City Commissioner Amanda Fritz
- Portland Police Bureau
- Portland Fire & Rescue
- Office of Community & Civic Life- East Portland Community Office and New Portlanders Programs
- David Douglas School District
- African Youth & Community Organization (AYCO)
- Hazelwood Neighborhood Association
- La Amistad Soccer Club
- International Football Club
- African Family Holistic Health Organization
- PUEBLO UNIDO
- WAVE Business
- Portland’s Tongan and Zomi communities
- Street Soccer USA Portland
- FC Mulhouse Portland
- Karen Community
- The Refugee Center Online
- Risen Community
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) developed Portland World Soccer in 2010. The tournament brings to the pitch a celebration of cultural traditions and diversity, an enrichment event that links culturally diverse communities, the Portland community, and the City of Portland. This event is a gathering for Portland’s youth to kick for a common purpose.
In 2015, several city bureaus and local community organizations joined together to host the Portland World Soccer at Delta Park. The tournament included 28 teams representing more than 30 countries, 30 languages, and 500 players between the ages of 15 and 20.
Portland World Soccer featured on State of the Re:Union
Listen to State of the Re:Union's feature of Portland World Soccer from 2013, as it highlights the event's positive impact on the City of Portland and the minority and refugee communities.