Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is partnering with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics to host a community event and other educational activities the week of June 19-26, 2017.Read More…
Taken in-person and via phone starting at 8am, Monday, January 4
(Portland, OR) –
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is the proud steward of more than 200 parks, gardens, and natural settings that can be reserved for weddings and/or receptions. These lovely settings are the perfect locations for ceremonies and celebrations.
Portland Parks & Recreation will begin taking wedding reservations for 2016 events on Monday, January 4, 2016, in person, via phone, and by mail and fax only. The PP&R Customer Service Center opens at 8:00am for walk-in service on weekdays, and on January 4, staff will begin answering phones at approximately 11:00 AM.
First come, first served. Walk-in customers will receive assistance before phone callers, mail or faxes are addressed.
We provide hot beverages to those standing in line, to help customers through the early morning chill! Typically, many eager future happy couples stand in line prior to the center’s opening to ensure they get their first choices of PP&R wedding venues and their preferred dates.
Prior to January 4, please go to the PP&R online reservations system and walk through the steps to create an account. You may also call our Customer Service Center to establish your account. Creating your account ahead of time will speed up the reservation process!
We will only begin taking requests for wedding reservations online on Monday, January 11, 2016, at this site. Reservations cannot be made nor held online until Jan 11.
Future newlyweds, please note the following:
The Customer Service Center is located in the first floor of the Portland Building, located at 1134 SW 5th Avenue. Entry doors are on the corner of SW 5th Ave and Madison St, under the awning. Several parking lots are available nearby. Be aware that street parking directly around the Portland Building is limited to 15 minutes during certain hours.
- Please come prepared with your first, second, and third preferences for both a wedding location and a date.
- Be prepared to pay the Application Processing Fee required to hold your reservation. We accept payment by cash, check, and Visa/MasterCard/American Express.
A few other things to know:
- While weddings may be scheduled at a picnic site, receptions cannot be scheduled in a wedding garden (only the ceremony portion).
- For information on weddings at Portland Public Golf courses, please contact the course directly.
- City Code requires that a permit be obtained for any wedding in a public park where guests are invited. Permits are issued by the PP&R Customer Service Center located on the first floor of the Portland Building at 1134 SW 5th Avenue. Office hours are 8:00 PM - 5:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
Phone: 503-823-2525 | Fax: 503-823-2515
- Weddings are not permitted at the Japanese Garden, Pittock Mansion and surrounding Pittock grounds, or at the Portland International Raceway.
- Check the PP&R wedding brochure for locations, fees, policies, insurance, and other reservation information.