These photos were taken by our staff on our weekly walks. We get some great photos on our Ladybug Walks, but we know that YOU do too!
Each year, we collect great photos from people who came on our Ladybug Walks (either the weekly one or a private one), and then we let the public "vote" for the best one on Facebook.
The winner of the contest (a.k.a. the photo with the most "likes" on February 28th) will be the recipient of a FREE Ladybug Walk Birthday Party for up to 12 children, led by our Coordinator for EE at Portland Parks, Chrissy Larson! (She's a Ladybug Extraordinaire, bringing 16 years of experience to your preschool nature birthday party!)
(Here's a picture of Chrissy leading the Ladybug Walk for our 2015 winner!)
Enter to win our 2016 contest - here are the rules:
-If you send us a photo, you give us permission to use the photo on our website, our Facebook page, in our newsletter, and in our promotional materials. (Children are not named in the photos, but photography credits can be given if you desire.)
-Photos must either contain the Ladybug Backpack or feature one of the tools in the backpack to be eligible.
-One entry per person (so make it a good one!)
-Photos must be taken and sent as High Resolution photos.
-The photo with the most "Likes" on Facebook at 10pm on February28th is the winner of the contest! We will contact the winner in after that date to schedule the free Ladybug Walk Birthday Party!
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST - CONTEST IS CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR!
1. Find ONE super-great, perfectly lady-buggy photo of your child from a 2016 Ladybug Walk (Photos must either show the PP&R Ladybug Backpack OR one of the tools in the backpack to be eligible. Photos must be at high resolution.)
2. Rename your ONE photo exactly like the following: 2016 Ladybug Photo Contest - [photographer's first & last name]
3. Email your ONE photo to Chrissy.Larson [at] portlandoregon.gov with "PHOTO CONTEST" as the subject line
4. In the body of the email, please give us your best phone number to contact you in case you win.
5. Spread the word!!! Tell everyone you know to go on our Facebook Page and "Like" your child's photo!
HOW TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PHOTO
1. Anyone with a Facebook account can vote - you don't have to submit a photo to participate!
2. Go to our Environmental Education Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PortlandParksEnvironmentalEducation/
3. Find the post that lists the Top Ladybug Walk Photo Picks for 2016
4. Scroll through the photos and "Like" (hit the thumbs-up button) on the photo that you like the best! (I guess we can't prevent you from "liking" more than one, but the winner will be the one photo with the most likes at 10pm on March 26th!)