Our private Ladybug Nature Walks give your group of young children a chance to explore with our highly-trained, specialized Preschool Naturalists. Not only do our Preschool Naturalists know nature, they also know what makes young children tick! Children borrow a small Ladybug Backpack for their walk while they are guided along the trail. These exploratory, hands-on, sensory-driven walks are great for preschool or kindergarten classes, day care groups, play groups, and birthday parties! Private Ladybug Walks are 90 min long, appropriate for children ages 3-6, and can take place at most Portland parks or natural areas. We’ll work with you to choose one that makes sense! Check out our list of great places to have your walk.
Ninety-minute private Ladybug Walks cost $7/participating child. These fees were calculated based on actual costs of what it takes for us to run each program. The fee covers program administration, materials, and day-of-program facilitation by our highly trained preschool naturalists.
If you have barriers to paying the full cost, please fill out our "Fee Reduction Request". (Save the form to your computer, fill it out, resave it, and then email it after submitting your program application to email@example.com.)
We do Ladybug Walk Birthday parties too! Check out the Nature Birthday webpage for details!
Arrange a private Ladybug Walk for your group!
- Available Oct 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019
- Maximum group size = 36 children (not including grown-ups, teachers, or chaperones).
- Minimum group size = 12 (We can do a walk with less than 12, however, you will be charged for the minimum group size.)
- Cost per child = $7 (No charge for grown-ups, but we require at least 1 adult for every 4-6 children on the walk!)
How do I schedule a private Ladybug Walk?
WE ARE HAPPY TO SCHEDULE A PRIVATE LADYBUG WALK Tuesday through Thursday, and if we have staff available, on Mondays, Fridays, or weekends. (Please call our office if you are looking for a Monday or Friday, 503-823-3601.) Program applications should be submitted at least 30 days before the requested date! Sorry - because of our robust summer camp program, we are unable to do private Ladybug Walks during June, July, and August.
- Check our "Available Times and Dates" calendar to find a day and time that will work for your group.
- Decide where you would like to have your Ladybug Walk. (Check our "Common Sites for Ladybug Walks" page for ideas - we can also help you find one!)
- When you are ready to apply for a field trip program, fill out the online Program Application by clicking HERE.
- After submitting the application, if you have questions call our office at 503-823-3601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
- Once we have your application we will work to iron out the details and schedule your naturalists. When all details are complete, we will send you a formal service agreement.
- To secure your dates: read, sign, and return the service agreement accompanied by a $50 partial payment per day of programming within two (2) weeks. (Full payment is welcome if that is easier.) If we have not heard from you within two weeks, we will contact you once with a gentle reminder we have not received anything from you. After 21 days without payment, your dates will be released.