Our private Ladybug Nature Walks give your group of young children a chance to explore with our highly-trained, specialized Preschool Naturalists. Not only do our Preschool Naturalists know nature, they also know what makes young children tick! Children borrow a small Ladybug Backpack for their walk while they are guided along the trail. These exploratory, hands-on, sensory-driven walks are great for preschool or kindergarten classes, day care groups, play groups, and birthday parties! Walks are 1 hr long, geared for children ages 2-6, and can take place at most Portland parks or natural areas. We’ll work with you to choose one that makes sense! Check out our list of great places to have your walk.
We do Ladybug Walk Birthday parties too! Check out the Nature Birthday webpage for details!
Arrange a private Ladybug Walk for your group!
- Available Oct 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018
- Maximum group size = 40 children (not including grown-ups, teachers, or chaperones).
- Minimum group size = 12 (We can do a walk with less than 12, however, you will be charged for the minimum group size.)
- Cost per child = $5 (No charge for grown-ups, but we require at least 1 adult for every 4-6 children on the walk!)
How do I schedule a private Ladybug Walk?
WE ARE HAPPY TO SCHEDULE A PRIVATE LADYBUG WALK Monday through Friday, and if we have staff available, on weekends. (Friday mornings are only available for groups of 16 or less.) Program applications should be submitted at least 30 days before the requested date!
Sorry - because of our robust summer camp program, we are unable to do private Ladybug Walks during June, July, and August.
- Fill out the Program Application: PRINTABLE VERSION -- FILLABLE VERSION (Save it, then fill it out)
- After looking over the application, if you have questions call/text Chrissy at 503-823-1149 or email email@example.com.
- First, save the form to your desktop or hard drive as: "Your full Name_EE Program Application.pdf" - Then fill in and re-save your changes.
- Attach the saved form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are mailing the application to our office, please send it to ATTN: Field Trips, 2909 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
- Once we have your application we will work with you to choose a day, time, and location. When details are finalized, we will email you a contract.
- Sign and return the contract with partial (or full) payment to secure the date(s) at least 10 days prior to your program.