Our private Ladybug Nature Walks give your group of young children a chance to explore with our highly-trained, specialized Preschool Naturalists. Not only do our Preschool Naturalists know nature, they also know what makes young children tick! Children borrow a small Ladybug Backpack for their walk while they are guided along the trail. These exploratory, hands-on, sensory-driven walks are great for preschool or kindergarten classes, day care groups, play groups, and birthday parties! Walks are 1 hr long, geared for children ages 2-6, and can take place at most Portland parks or natural areas. We’ll work with you to choose one that makes sense! Check out our list of great places to have your walk.
Arrange a private Ladybug Walk for your group!
- Available Labor Day through Memorial Day
- Maximum group size = 28 (plus grown-ups, teachers, or chaperones).
- Minimum group size = 10 (We can do a walk with less than 10, however, you will be charged for the minimum group size.)
- Cost per child = $5 (No charge for grown-ups, but we require at least 1 adult for every 4-6 children on the walk!)
How do I schedule a private Ladybug Walk?
WE ARE HAPPY TO BOOK A PRIVATE LADYBUG WALK during the day Monday through Thursday, Friday afternoons, and if we have staff available, on weekends. Program applications must be submitted 30 days before the requested date! Sorry - because of our robust summer camp program, we are unable to do private Ladybug Walks during the summer months.
- Download the Program Application.
- After looking over the application, if you have questions call/text Chrissy at 503-823-1149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First, save the form to your desktop or hard drive as: "Your full Name_EE Program Application.pdf" - Then fill in and re-save your changes.
- Attach the saved form in an email to email@example.com
- Once we have your application we will work to find naturalists for your program. When naturalists have committed, we will email you a contract.
- Sign and return the contract with partial (or full) payment to secure the date(s) at least 2 weeks prior to your program.