Our private Ladybug Nature Walks give your group of young children a chance to explore with our highly-trained, specialized Preschool Naturalists. Not only do our Preschool Naturalists know nature, they also know what makes young children tick! Children borrow a small Ladybug Backpack for their walk while they are guided along the trail. These exploratory, hands-on, sensory-driven walks are great for preschool or kindergarten classes, day care groups, play groups, and birthday parties! Private Ladybug Walks are 90 min long, appropriate for children ages 3-6, and can take place at most Portland parks or natural areas. We’ll work with you to choose one that makes sense! Check out our list of great places to have your walk.
We do Ladybug Walk Birthday parties too! Check out the Nature Birthday webpage for details!
Arrange a private Ladybug Walk for your group!
- Available Oct 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019
- Maximum group size = 36 children (not including grown-ups, teachers, or chaperones).
- Minimum group size = 12 (We can do a walk with less than 12, however, you will be charged for the minimum group size.)
- Cost per child = $7 (No charge for grown-ups, but we require at least 1 adult for every 4-6 children on the walk!)
How do I schedule a private Ladybug Walk?
WE ARE HAPPY TO SCHEDULE A PRIVATE LADYBUG WALK Tuesday through Thursday, and if we have staff available, on Mondays, Fridays, or weekends. (Please call our office if you are looking for a Monday or Friday, 503-823-3601.) Program applications should be submitted at least 30 days before the requested date! Sorry - because of our robust summer camp program, we are unable to do private Ladybug Walks during June, July, and August.
- Check our "Available Times and Dates" calendar to find a day and time that will work for your group.
- Decide where you would like to have your Ladybug Walk. (Check our "Common Sites for Ladybug Walks" page for ideas - we can also help you find one!)
- Fill out the Program Application: PRINTABLE VERSION -- FILLABLE VERSION (Save it, then fill it out)
- After looking over the application, if you have questions call our office at 503-823-3601 or email email@example.com.
- First, save the form to your desktop or hard drive as: "Your full Name_EE Program Application.pdf" - Then fill in and re-save your changes.
- Attach the saved form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 503-865-3251. If you fax your application, please text 503-823-1149 to confirm it arrived!
- If you are mailing the application to our office, please send it to ATTN: Field Trips, 2909 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
- Once we have your application we will work with you to finalize a day, time, and location. When details are set, we will email you a contract.
- Sign and return the contract with partial (or full) payment to secure the date(s) at least 10 days prior to your program.