Our private Ladybug Nature Walks give your group of young children a chance to explore with our highly-trained, specialized Preschool Naturalists. Not only do our Preschool Naturalists know nature, they also know what makes young children tick! Children borrow a small Ladybug Backpack for their walk while they are guided along the trail. These exploratory, hands-on, sensory-driven walks are great for preschool or kindergarten classes, day care groups, play groups, and birthday parties! Walks are 90 min long, geared for children ages 2-6, and can take place at most Portland parks or natural areas. We’ll work with you to choose one that makes sense! Check out our list of great places to have your walk.
Arrange a private Ladybug Walk for your group!
- Available October 1, 2019 through May 29, 2020
- Maximum group size = 36 children (not including grown-ups, teachers, or chaperones).
- Minimum group size = 12 (We can do a walk with less than 12, however, you will be charged for the minimum group size.)
- Cost per child = $7 (No charge for grown-ups, but we require at least 1 adult for every 4-6 children on the walk!)
How do I schedule a private Ladybug Walk?
WE ARE HAPPY TO SCHEDULE A PRIVATE LADYBUG WALK Monday through Friday, and if we have staff available, on weekends. (Friday mornings are only available for groups of 12-16.) Program applications should be submitted at least 30 days before the requested date!
Sorry - because of our robust summer camp program, we are unable to do private Ladybug Walks during June, July, and August.
- Check our Available Times and Dates calendar to find out how many naturalists are available to teach the days you are interested in.
- Decide where you would like to have your Ladybug Walk. (Check our "Common Sites for Ladybug Walks" page for ideas - we can also help you choose one.)
- Fill out the the Program Application: PRINTABLE VERSION -- FILLABLE VERSION (Save first, then fill it out)
- Fill in the form and SAVE AS: "Your full Name_EE Program Application.pdf"
- After looking over the application, if you have questions call our office at 503-823-3601 or email email@example.com.
- Messages will be returned in the order they were received.
- Attach the saved form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax to 503-865-3251 (please text 503-823-1149 to make sure we got it!)
- If you are mailing the application, please send it to ATTN: Field Trips, 2909 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
- Once we have your application we will work to iron out the details and schedule your naturalists. When all details are complete, we will send you a contract.
- Read, sign, and return the contract within two weeks along with your partial payment to secure your dates!