What does it cost?
Please check our availability calendar to see which days are still available for your group size. Maximum group size = 60 (for children 6 and older) and 48 (for children ages 2-5). Minimum group size = 12 (We can accommodate a smaller group, however, you will be charged the minimum rate!)
- Toddler/Preschool/Kindergarten only: 1 hr Private Ladybug Nature Walk: $5/participant
- Kindergarten-Adult: 1.5 hr = $6.50/participant
- Kindergarten-Adult: 2 hr = $8/participant
- Kindergarten-Adult: 2.5 hr = $9.50/participant
Stewardship Options for Students 4th grade and older
We offer stewardship projects for students in 4th grade and up. We can work with 1 class (up to 36 students) when a field trip is paired with a stewardship project. Students will spend one hour with one of our Stewardship Coordinators & one hour with our naturalists (total length of program is 2 hours). Lesson goals will vary depending on site, but will include importance of stewardship, ecological health, and human impacts. Students may spread mulch, remove invasive plants, or plant native plants. The 2017-18 costs for a stewardship + education program is $5/student.
Supplemental Classroom programs
Classroom programs are only offered in conjunction with field trips and are conducted prior to going in the field. We charge $60 for the first hour and $20 for each additional hour. This can be a great way to get students ready for the field component.
Title 1 School Discounts
Schools receiving Title 1 funds are eligible for a discount for programs.
- Schools with 65-80% of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals receive $1 per student discount
- Schools with greater than 80% of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals receive $2 per student discount