The trees selected for this giveaway were chosen because they grow well in Portland, are low-maintenance, offer multiple ecosystem services such as purifying our air and keeping our rivers clean. Plus, they are down-right beautiful trees! Click here for more information on the trees.
Need help choosing what type of tree will work in your yard and where to plant it? Check out Right Tree, Right Place from the Arbor Day Foundation.
Please note, this list is subject to change based on availability.
- Espresso Kentucky Coffeetree (Gymnocladus dioicus 'Espresso')
- Gingko (Gingko biloba)
- Dawn redwood (Metasequoia glyptostroboides)
- Oregon white oak (Quercus garryana)
- Swamp white oak (Quercus bicolor)
- Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii)
- Giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum)
- Aptos Blue Coast Redwood (Sequoiadendron sempervirens 'Aptos Blue')
- Western red cedar (Thuja plicata)
- Pacific ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa var. benthamiana)
- American hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana)
- Purple beech (Fagus sylvatica 'Riversii' or 'Dawyck Purple')
- Black tupelo (Nyssa sylvatica)
- Emerald Sunshine Elm (Ulmus propinqua 'Emerald Sunshine')
- Magnifica Hackberry (Celtis 'Magnifica')