The trees selected for this giveaway were chosen because they grow well in Portland, are low-maintenance, offer multiple ecosystem services such as purifying our air and keeping our rivers clean. Plus, they are down-right beautiful trees! Click here for more information on the trees.
Need help choosing what type of tree will work in your yard and where to plant it? Check out Right Tree, Right Place from the Arbor Day Foundation.
Please note, this list is subject to change based on availability.
- Gingko (Gingko biloba)
- Katsura tree (Cercidiphyllum japonicum)
- Dawn redwood (Metasequoia glyptostroboides)
- Oregon white oak (Quercus garryana)
- Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii)
- Turkish hazel (Corylus colurna)
- Giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum)
- White fir (Abies concolor)
- Western red cedar (Thuja plicata)
- Pacific ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa var. benthamiana)
- Western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla)
- American hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana)
- Purple beech (Fagus sylvatica 'Riversii' or 'Dawyck Purple')
- Yellowwood (Cladrastis kentuckia)
- Black tupelo (Nyssa sylvatica)
- Emerald Sunshine Elm (Ulmus propinqua 'Emerald Sunshine')
- Silverleaf oak (Quercus hypoleucoides)