Seeking outgoing, dependable, hard-working people-oriented individuals who are flexible, have strong communication skills, are able to work as part of a team, and love working with youth, teens, and families! Seeking staff available to work June-September and/or May-August.
Job Description Recreation Support - Customer Service Park Host Application
- Act as an ambassador Director Park and Holladay Park, actively engaging, interacting, and leading activities to the public.
- Provide extensive customer service to all park visitors, including families, youth, teens, adults, and seniors.
- Support on-site needs of park classes, rentals, and events including setting up and taking down equipment, assisting instructors, and preparing activity areas.
- Promote programs to park visitors, neighbors, and the community.
- Educate and enforce park rules, assist rentals, and respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Park Hosts will wok at both Director Park in downtown Portland and Holladay Park in Inner NE Portland.
- Able to be self-directed and follow direction.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Are you flexible and don't mind class participants coming and going? Can teach when it's hot, cold, windy, damp, or the perfect conditions? Love building community and will actively engage and encourage people to give class a try, even for just a few minutes? Believe in the power of community to make change?
- Instructors are hired to teach free classes to the public, including youth, teens, adults, seniors, and families.
- Classes are typically one-day-a-week, for an hour each class and will be held rain or shine.
- On-site staff will be available to assist class instructors with site preparation, sound system set-up, and to answer questions.
- Class Instructors we hire for include but are not limited to: Tai Chi, Yoga, Hip Hop, Juggling, Art, Salsa, Crafts, and More!
We have several programs that we hire performers for including for our Friday Lunchtime Music series, Concerts in Holladay Park, and other various events and programs.
- Send an email with a link to your music/performance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to Contact