For the safety and comfort of all visitors, please observe these park rules.
Park hours are 5:00am to 12:00am
General Park Rules -
- Smoking, vaping, and drugs are not allowed in any city park.
- Alcohol is not permitted, except by city event permit.
- No camping.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times. Please scoop the poop.
- Please remove your trash.
- No skateboarding, bikes or scooters in plaza area.
- No fireworks.
- No amplified sound without a permit.
- All City park rules apply
Skate Area General Rules
- Be respectful of others, maintain control, and use the park in a safe manner.
- Please be respectful of the park neighbors. Keep noise levels down.
- If you see someone acting inappropriately, be a mentor and share tips on skateboard etiquette.
- Alcohol, tobacco, vaping, and drugs are prohibited.
- Abusive, threatening, or obscene language is prohibited.
- Litter, graffiti, and tagging are prohibited.
- BMX bike metal stunt pegs are not allowed.
Warning for all skate area users
- Skateboarding, skating, and biking can be hazardous recreational activities and can result in serious injury.
- All surfaces of this park are extremely dangerous when wet.
- Gateway Discovery Park skate area is unsupervised.
- Any use of the skate area is at your own risk.
- Oregon law requires youth 15 years of age and younger to wear safety helmets when riding skateboards, in-line skates, and bicycles in public places. Portland Police Officers will be issuing tickets with fines for non-compliance with this law.
- Helmets are highly recommended for all users. Other protective equipment such as wrist guards, elbow pads, and knee pads are also strongly recommended.
- Be safe so you can come back and enjoy the park again.
What do I do if I see a crime in a park?
- If there is a crime in progress, if a serious threat or problem is developing, or if there is an emergency, please call 911.
- For non-emergency park-related problems or special situations, call the Park Rangers at 503-823-1637.
- For dog attacks or other serious situations involving animals, call Multnomah County Animal Control at 503-248-3790 or call Police Non-Emergency at 503-823-3333.
- For park maintenance problems, call 503-823-1600.
Thank you for complying with these rules - Portland City Code 20.12.265