Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Parks & Recreation

Healthy Parks, Healthy Portland

Phone: 503-823-7529

1120 SW Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

PPCC Insurance Information

Insurance can be requested for any event on parks property, however specific items will require insurance.

  • Alcohol (Peninsula Park Community Center does not allow events with alcohol)
  • Dunk tanks, bounce houses and other high risk activities
  • Tenting larger than 20’ x 20’
  • Events with a large numbers of attendees
  • Commercial use (example Concessions) 

Information on obtaining insurance required to use city facilities and venues can be found at the following website:

The insurance required for permits to use many of the City facilities for special events can be purchased from a variety of sources:

  • Many home-owners’ policies offer coverage for an event or a special rider can be purchased to cover the event.
  • Many insurance agencies can put together what is called a special events policy.
  • If this insurance is not available to users, another option could be a Tenant Users Liability Policy (TULIP)The City has arranged to make available liability and property coverage for those using City facilities or venues. The TULIP policy is designed specifically for users of City facilities and venues, so it meets our agreement requirements and is often more cost effective. Coverage is provided for the majority of events, however large scale events or those with dangerous or risky activities may be excluded.

Additional Information on the TULIP Program can be found at the following website: