Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) and the Portland Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) invite all to a free, public celebration for the restoration of Crystal Springs Creek. The Salmon Celebration will celebrate the significance of the creek restoration work that has brought salmon back to the city.
WHERE: Westmoreland Park, SE 22nd Avenue (between SE Knapp and Rex Streets)
WHEN: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 11am-4pm
The Salmon Celebration will include a Native American blessing, a salmon bake demonstration, games, crafts, and inter-tribal activities. This event is free to attend and all are welcome.
The Salmon Celebration will:
- Celebrate the restoration of Crystal Springs Creek and the return of salmon to the city!
- Educate neighbors about human beings’ connection to natural systems and our dependence on a healthy environment
- Share the history, culture and experiences of Native Americans, the first inhabitants of our lands
- Cultivate an environment of intercultural learning
- Help increase stewardship of Crystal Springs Creek through participation in the Crystal Springs Partnership
Activities and Events:
- Native American blessing and drums, starting at 11am
- Native American games
- Salmon Bake demonstration
- Salmon pledge
- Outdoor skills presented by Trackers NW