Woodstock Community Center
General InfoAcreage: 0.11
Acquired in 1958
Includes community center, and preschool program.
The building is an historic firehouse built in 1928. PP&R assumed ownership of the firehouse in 1958 and converted it into a community center. When the center was threatened with closure in 2003 as a result of City budget shortfalls, a group of dedicated community volunteers formed the Friends of the Woodstock Community Center (FWCC) to raise funds, and to recruit and coordinate volunteers who contribute thousands of hours each year helping with landscape maintenance, building upkeep, classes, and community events.