basketball court, community center, gymnasium, kitchen – reservable, meeting room – reservable, party room – reservable, picnic tables, playground, wedding site – reservable, and wireless Internet access.
The City of Portland annexed Multnomah between 1954-62. The volunteer fire department, built in 1939 at 7780 SW Capitol Hwy, was converted into the Multnomah Community Center. In 1973, the focus changed from sports-related activities to arts and crafts, which were more suited to the space and layout of the building, and the center was renamed the Multnomah Community Design Center. With the addition of ceramic, pottery, and weaving classes, the center was renamed Multnomah Arts Center in 1978.
After the 1979 closure of the Multnomah Elementary School (built in 1919), parents created the Multnomah Historical Association to preserve the buildings, history, and memorabilia of the community. Due in part to the efforts of the association, the school became the new community center. It was acquired by Portland Parks & Recreation in 1980 and renovated. In January 1982, MAC was moved to the new location.