The following list includes basic supplies to have on hand in case of an emergency that happens while you are at work. Keep a version of the kit in the trunk of your car and store items in an easy to carry backpack or duffel bag. If you become stranded or are not able to return home, having items prepared will help you be more comfortable until help arrives. Keep your kit in a structurally sound location and set a time each season to update it (i.e., switch out seasonal clothing; eat and replace expiring food).
- Food - ready to eat, non-perishable, high-protein foods you enjoy (peanut butter, energy bars, etc.).
- Personal hygiene Items (comb/brush, toothbrush/paste, soap/washcloth, gender-specific products).
- Change of clothes, sturdy shoes, and gloves.
- N95 face mask, emergency survival/space blanket.
- Critical medications, prescriptions, extra pair of eyeglasses.
- Water (check your building to see what water provisions are in place) for drinking.
- Small first aid kit, first aid reference guide.
- Flashlight / spare batteries.
- Extra cash / credit / bank card.
- List of emergency contacts; copies of important documents (ID).
- Map of local area in case evacuation is necessary.
Red Cross instructions for kit contents.