2014 was a busy year at the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management. Over the past 12 months, we:
- Opened the City's new emergency coordination center;
- Completed several new disaster plans for debris management, continuity of operations, and damage assessment;
- Tested Portland's community emergency notification system through PublicAlerts.org;
- Trained 763 students through classes sponsored by the bureau;
- Supported the City's response to a major snow and ice storm;
- Increased the number of active Neighborhood Emergency Team volunteers;
- Managed $7.9 million in grant funds;
- And did much, much more.
Please take a few minutes and review our annual progress report for an update on what we've been doing.
And if you want to see where we're headed, check out our three-year strategic plan.