The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management's 2018 annual report is now available. Click here to view the full report.
There were many highlights this year, including...
- Rewriting Portland's Flood Response Plan.
- Activating Portland's Emergency Coordination Center in response to the Cully Scrapyard Fire in March.
- Adding 378 Neighborhood Emergency Team volunteers to the program.
- Offering emergency preparedness training called Listos in Spanish.
- Launching a 50th Basic Earthquake Emergency Communications Node (BEECN) site.
- Connecting with 11,500 people at more than 180 events.
- Partnering with Latino Network, APANO, and VOZ to organize community resilience efforts.
- Hosting Dr. Lori Peek for a lecture on how disasters impact historically underserved populations.
- Working with the Portland Bureau of Development Services to continue efforts to adopt mandatory earthquake retrofits for unreinforced masonry buildings.
- Making our business continuity planner a permanent position.
- And more!
Let us know if you have any thoughts on how we did and what we could do better.