421 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 500, Portland, OR 97204
To be exempt from paying Relocation Assistance to a Tenant in a Dwelling Unit subject to Portland City Code Section 30.01.085, a Landlord must:
Please complete form and attach the required documentation to this form. Applications will be processed through the PHB. PHB staff can assist with Relocation Assistance questions Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-11am and 12-4pm. To receive assistance with your application, call or visit the PHB during those times. Complete Applications with required supporting documentation can be submitted at any time via mail, webform, email or in person.
A Landlord is not required to submit a REA form for the following exemptions:
1) Rental Agreement for week-to-week tenancies
2) Tenants that occupy the same Dwelling Unit as the Landlord
8) A Dwelling Unit regulated as affordable housing by a federal, state, or local government for a period of at least 60 years
9) A Dwelling Unit that is subject to and in compliance with the federal Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970
10) A Dwelling Unit rendered uninhabitable not due to the action or inaction of a Landlord of Tenant (This exemption covers Dwelling Units rendered immediately uninhabitable due to events including, but not limited to: natural (such as flood or fire) or man-made disasters (such as natural gas explosion)
For the purposes of the exemptions: "Accessory Dwelling Unit" is defined by PCC 33.205; "the Act" is in reference to PCC 30.01.085; "Duplex" is defined by PCC 33.910; "Dwelling Unit" is defined by PCC 33.910.
Disclaimer: The receipt and acknowledgement of claimed exemptions by the Portland Housing Bureau does not constitute verification that the Dwelling Unit, or the Applicant, is in compliance with other applicable federal, state and local laws.