On January 28, our recommendations for the $20 million North/Northeast Housing Strategy will go to Portland City Council for a vote.
As we finalize our plan and get it ready to present to the public, we wanted to take this opportunity to recap some of the common themes and frequently asked questions we’ve heard from the community throughout this process, such as:
- What can $20 million actually get?
- Is that really going to be enough?
- Where did the money come from?
- What can the city do about rising rents? Why don’t we have rent control?
- My taxes keep going up. What can the city do about property taxes?
- How soon will the work start?
- We’ve heard promises like this before. What makes this different?
What other questions do you have for us? Email us at NNEstrategy@portlandoregon.gov