To be eligible for a Lead Hazard Reduction Grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Housing was built before 1978 and is located in Portland
- Property is currently occupied by a Section 8 tenant or income qualified family (80% or below of HUD Area Median Income) or, if vacant, unit was rented to a qualified tenant for the immediately preceding five years. Additional income guidelines for multi-family units apply.
- Property meets HUD minimum property standards or will once lead hazard reduction work is performed
- A child under age six occupies or regularly visits the home if a single family home; but if a multi-family property, the landlord shall give priorty in renting units to families with children under age six for a minimum of three years
- Owner must agree to give rental preference to income qualified tenants with children for the succeeding three-year period after grant closing