For nonprofits and CDCs to be eligible for a Lead Hazard Reduction Grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Housing was built before 1978 and is located in Portland
- At least 50% of the units must be occupied by or made available to families with incomes at or below 50% MFI in a multi-family property or at or below 80% MFI for a single family unit.
- Units are occupied by a child under age six (or a child regularly visits the unit--60 hours per year), or units are made available to families with children under six
- Owner must agree to give rental preference to tenants with children for the succeeding three-year period after grant closing
- Units must remain affordable for a minimum of three years after completion of the final lead clearance