Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Housing Bureau

Solving the unmet housing needs of the people of Portland.

Phone: 503-823-2375

fax: 503-823-2387

421 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 500, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Getting changes made to a flood insurance policy can be tough

Property-owners can make changes to their policy at annual renewal (more on that in a second), but unlike car insurance, for example, a property owner cannot reduce their coverage amount mid-policy and get a refund, or cancel their insurance and switch to a new provider. You can get mistakes on their flood insurance corrected mid-policy (i.e. like being rated as a secondary residence versus a primary residence). You also can get an Elevation Certificate applied to your current policy and have the policy “re-rated” to take advantage of any potential savings outlined in Consider an elevation certificate for homes without basements