City of Portland
Total Project Funds Allocated to Portland: $211 Million
Total Production Goal: 1,475 units
30% AMI units: 605 units
Family-sized units: 737 units
Each jurisdiction is responsible for developing a Local Implementation Strategy (LIS) to serve as a roadmap for implementing at the local level. The timeline below describes the process steps leading up to Portland’s implementation, beginning in 2020.
May-July: Community engagement with housing stakeholders and partners to inform development of Local Implementation Strategy (LIS).
July-August: Finalize LIS
September: Provide Briefing of LIS to Portland City Council
October: Present to Metro Community Oversight Committee
2020: Execute Metro Funding IGA and begin implementation
Portland Housing Bureau is conducting outreach among stakeholder groups to inform our local implementation plan. Our outreach plan is found here. Opportunities to learn more about the Metro Bond and provide feedback is scheduled at the following upcoming public meetings:
- June 3, 2019, 6:30 to 8:30pm – West Portland Town Center Plan Community Advisory Group
Markham Elementary, Cafeteria (10531 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97219)
- June 4, 2019, 3:00-5:00pm – Portland Housing Advisory Commission. Meeting materials will be posted here.
- July 18, 2019, 9:00am-Noon – Bond Oversight Committee. Meeting materials will be posted here.
Past presentation materials are available online here:
- May 9, 2019 – N/NE Housing Strategy Oversight Committee
- May 14, 2019 – Fair Housing Advocacy Committee and Rental Services Commission joint meeting