Responses Due: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 4:00 PM
OVERVIEW: The Portland Housing Bureau’s Rental Services Office is responsible for fair housing and landlord-tenant services, developing code and administrative rules associated with local landlord-tenant law, processing exemptions to local mandatory relocation assistance, and providing technical assistance and information (in person, via email, and over the phone) to renters and landlords on general landlord-tenant law.
This request for qualifications is being issued to identify a list of potential organizations to provide educational materials and training services on recent changes to local and state landlord-tenant law. Training topics should include one or more of the following:
- Portland mandatory relocation assistance code and administrative rules (Portland City Code 30.01.085, HOU-3.05 Mandatory Relocation Assistance Administrative Rules);
- Portland screening criteria code and administrative rules (Portland City Code 30.01.86, HOU-3.06 Screening Criteria Administrative Rule [in development]);
- Portland security deposit code and administrative rules (Portland City Code 30.01.087, HOU-3.07 Security Deposit Administrative Rule [in development]);
- Portland residential rental unit registration and fee requirements (Portland City Code 7.02.890); and
- Oregon Revised Statute Chapter 90 changes as a result of Senate Bill 608 from the 2019 legislative session.
Reponses should describe experience and ability to effectively reach landlords, renters, and other rental housing market stakeholders unfamiliar with recent changes local and state law, with an emphasis on communities of color, people with disabilities, and other historically underserved communities. Partnerships with culturally specific organizations are a preferred approach. Contracts for services may go to one provider, one partnership, multiple providers, or multiples partnerships. Participation of certified Disadvantaged, Minority, Women, and Emerging Small Businesses is encouraged.
INFORMATION SESSION: a non-mandatory information session for this solicitation will be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2019, at the Portland Housing Bureau in the Steel Conference Room on the 5th floor at 421 SW 6th Ave, Portland, Oregon, from 3:00 to 4:00 PM.
SOLICITATION COORDINATOR: all questions and responses should be directed to the solicitation coordinator, with contact information below:
Landlord-Tenant Policy Coordinator
Portland Housing Bureau
421 SW 6th Ave, Suite 500, Portland, Oregon 97204
- Request for Qualifications Issued: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Non-Mandatory Information Session: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Responses Due: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 4:00 PM
- Date by which all funds must be expended: June 30, 2020
All proposals must be received by the deadline to be considered. The Portland Housing Bureau reserves the right to change any dates to serve the goals of the Request for Qualifications.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: submit a 2-page response that includes:
- Name of the organization and contact information.
- Summary of experience and ability to provide services described.
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to work with, or collaborate in order to, reach and serve historically underserved communities.
- Estimated cost structure and a description of potential costs.
All applicants should be prepared to provide any required documentation and budget information within one week.