Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Police Bureau

Sworn to protect. Dedicated to serve.

Phone: 503-823-0000

Fax: 503-823-0342

Non-Emergency: 503-823-3333

1111 S.W. 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97204


  • Video: Preventing False Alarms

False Alarm Prevention At Home

Does YOUR Home Security System Cry Wolf?

Alarm Reinstatement Form

Use this form to reinstate a suspended alarm permit.

False Alarm Prevention For Businesses

What Do False Alarms Cost YOUR Business?

False Alarm Prevention Guides

Specific Information for Banks, Schools, Churches, and Government Alarm Systems.

Video: Preventing False Alarms

False alarms are a waste of resources, and if too many false alarms are reported from your business or residence, you may be fined and suspended from police response to future alarm calls at your location. The solution is to know how to operate your alar