Forgot your username or password?
Not signed up? Create an Account »
1111 S.W. 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
More Contact Info
1111 S.W. 2nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) aspires for greater equity, diversity and inclusion. The development of a Racial Equity Plan (REP) was an inaugural step and a tangible reflection of this commitment. An important next step for the implementation of the REP is the convening of an external advisory council for the Equity and Inclusion Office.
This committee is charged with holding PPB accountable for achieving the objectives of our REP. To achieve this purpose, members are requested to assist with the following tasks and other things that organically develop from these tasks:
* Provide EIO level feedback on the REP implementation and rollout to include but not limited to the willingness and ability to:
* connect EIO with stakeholders in the community
* hold EIO accountable for plan benchmarks
* serve as a thinking partner for EIO
* Serve as a liaison to community, messaging the work of PPB’s REP.
* Make recommendations which will assist the bureau in identifying areas to improve equity, diversity and inclusion.
* Initiate and champion courageous conversations that increase employee awareness and sensitivity to issue of race, privilege and inequity.
* Monitor and audit PPB’s progress in meeting the REP goals
* Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders vital to the goals of the REP
* The committee will create transparency, the committee will periodically share its efforts externally to promote equity and inclusion among the community and officials.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITIES:
* Skilled at communicating effectively in the moment.
* Ability to think strategically (i.e. can see the big picture and how details play into it).
* Knowledgeable when it comes to the communities most identified with i.e. connected to community wants, needs and able to give voice to community desires.
* Ability to handle uncomfortable emotions without projecting them onto others.
* Ability to work with persons of diverse ages, races, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, etc.
* Ability to maintain a calm demeanor through highly sensitive issues or subjects which may require confidentiality and discretion.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to keep confidential matters confidential.
I recognize that by joining this Volunteer Committee I am committing to valuing and respecting community members from all walks of life and working with Portland Police Bureau in a positive and constructive manner.