Fun, Interactive Workshops
One-time Workshops for Middle and High School Students are free and offered to any organization in the Portland metro area. For workshops not open to the general public, we recommend a one-time donation that supports the training, recruitment and appreciation of our volunteers. Learn more about donating to GirlStrength.
Workshop sessions are usually 90 minutes but can be as long as three hours. Generally they cover street smarts and assertiveness but can be designed to meet the specific needs of the organization. Workshops serve students 10-17 years of age. Request a workshop!
Girls can expect to learn and practice...
- Being aware and how how our intuition can keep us safe
- Using their voices to set boundaries with people we know and don't know
- The benefits and risks of various escape options
- Risk taking to explore the role of confidence in violence prevention and safety
- Using assertive communication with friends, family members, intimate partners and strangers
- Using physical self-defense skills
GirlStrength workshops are designed to
- Empower girls to feel more confident!
- Help girls identify what situations might put them at risk, and then explore options for dealing with this situation.
- Build a safe learning community
- Provide open discussion about topics related to gendered violence and self-defense
- Are free to the public and public organization
- Are subject to availability of an instructor for the date requested
- Are available to private organization or group (organizations and groups can always donate to our programs) Donate Now!
- Are availble to anyone between the ages of 10-17 who identifies as female or whose gender expression is female, fluid, or non conforming
- Are taught by trained GirlStrength instructors
- Are 90 minutes to 3 hours in length
Request a workshop! Please fill out the form and email to email@example.com