• Attend and participate in the two-hour quarterly meeting (4 per year).
• Actively participate in the meetings.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the Portland Police Bureau's mission, goals, and values.
• Strong interest and understanding of public safety processes.
• Ability to commit to two hours quarterly.
• Board members educate themselves about the work of the agency, policies and procedures and their positions.
• Have knowledge of public safety and community policing practices.
• Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences.
• Understand the importance of attending meetings and fulfilling obligations.
• Access to email is highly recommended as a portion of the work processes will be completed through email.
• Have experience in working or volunteering with community and civic organizations in Portland.
Terms of Service
Members will serve a two-year term, which will be renewed only by approval from the Chief of Police. There is no monetary compensation made to the members for their service.
For further information, please contact Marsha Palmer at 503-823-0264, or by email to Marsha.Palmer@portlandoregon.gov.