To help prepare applicants for a police officer career and the hiring process, the Personnel Division offers workshops and practice physical abilities tests. See descriptions below for topics included and intended audiences.
Applicants must pre-register for workshops. To register, please visit our calendar page.
For scheduling updates check back later or follow our Facebook page.
General Career Information Workshop
- Useful for people who are beginning to think about policing as a career and want to know more about daily duties and experiences of a police officer
- What an individual can do to prepare themselves for the career.
- Opportunity to speak with police officers about daily job routines, internal race or gender concerns, likes/dislike about the career.
All Applicants who would like to attend one of our informational workshops must pre-register.
To register for a test prep workshop, please visit our calendar page.
In these workshops we will discuss the following:
General Career Information
- What an individual can do to prepare for the career.
- Talk about daily job routines, internal race or gender concerns, likes/dislike about the career.
Test and Oral Interview Preparation
- Covers step-by-step specifics of the written test
- Reviews oral interview process so applicant will know what to expect at the Oral Interview
- Discuss scenario question expectations
Statement of Personal History
- Explain step-by-step instructions for SPH - including format and content.
- Discuss Required Documents that will accompany the SPH.
All dates, times and locations are subject to change)
Physical Ability Test
All Applicants Must Pre-Register For The Physical Ability Test
To register, please visit our calendar page.
- Useful for anyone who is curious about what it will take to pass the physical ability test
- Most useful at least a few months ahead of test time to allow for more preparation, if necessary.
- The Personnel Division will not keep any scores - Practice PAT is simply an opportunity to experience the course
- However if you are in our application process we will keep your passing score for one year from the date you took the test
- Physical Abilities Test Guide
- VIDEO - PAT Demonstration